Tuesday 4 May 2010

Response to Sam's blog

"John Daniels?!" "When you've known him as long as I have son..." http://whenshesbadsheswicked.blogspot.com/

I have a similar attitude towards drinking, I tend to have a glass of wine or a beer almost every night, but I rarely go out and get completely wasted. I also do not class this as binge drinking (not because I'm in denial) but because the word 'binge' is defined by the Free Online Dictionary as "A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink."

I think its reasonable to say that 1 glass of wine (which is about your recommended daily limit) is not binging, as its not excessive and is clearly controlled - otherwise I would finishing the bottle every night and living my life with a permanent headache. To me, binge drinking is defined by the clip of 'Booze Britain' that we saw at the end of the lecture. To drink yourself into submission on a weekly basis just for the hell of it, where most likely, if your lucky enough to actually make it home, you'll probably wake up surrounded by last night's curry. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment