Wednesday 5 May 2010

Response to Blossom's 'Go on, hug an Aborigine' blog

http://blossom43.blogspot.com/
I was disappointed when I read this blog as I thought the aborigines would be looked after by their own people, as you quite rightly said, they are the people with the original history of Australia with the ancient cultures and traditions. I must admit, if I emmigrated there to live 'the good life' I wouldn't feel comfortable seeing them living in poverty while you have a life of luxury, in their country, it just doesn't seem right.

My husband is from Brazil and the natives there are very well protected and looked after. The areas they live in, primarily forests, are protected by the government and other citizens can face a jail sentence if their land is intruded upon. I think these customs could be applied to the aborigines to give them the better quality of life that they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment