Sunday 4 April 2010

What's all the fuss about??

After seeing 'Kids,' I couldn't understand the amount of complaints it received from angry parents at it's time of release, presuming it would influence their innocent children to behave in such a disgraceful manner. I think it was quite apparent in this film's case that the behaviour on display, especially from the lead character - 'Telly' boiled down to the absence of an education, no encouragement to engage in healthier hobbies and a lack of parenting in general. Also, I think a certain amount of acceptance is needed from adults that kids all go through a rebellious stage at some point during their teenage years, albeit not always involving sexual and drug abuse.

A recent film which has also been subjected to controversy is 'Kick-ass,' due to the foul language displayed by one of the characters (who is played by an 11 year old girl).

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/kick-ass-movie-trailer-controversy-over-chloe-moretz-swearing-2551276.html

As it happens the controversy back-fired and has fueled people to go and see the film who wouldn't have necessarily in the first place, such as myself. I found it to be pretty entertaining and once again, the criticism was over-the-top, taking into consideration this film has been adapted from a comic book. (Plus, I personally find Nicholas Cage hugely amusing for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on)!

For a more positive review of the film, see the link below:

http://www.collider.com/2010/04/15/kick-ass-review/

No comments:

Post a Comment